Add a little spice to your life with a delicious serving of Assam Pedas Ikan for dinner! Make your own, get the ingredients fresh & easy at HeroMarket!
Fish of your choice (200-450g)
10 small ladies fingers
1 tomato (cut into wedges)
1 teaspoon of fish curry powder
2 sprigs of daun kesum
5 tablespoons of cooking oil
1 tablespoon of palm sugar/sugar
Salt to taste
1 clove garlic
1 stalk of lemon grass (white part only)
8-10 dried chilies (depends how spicy you like)
1/2 tablespoon of belacan
1 1/4 cup of water
Tamarind pulp (size of a small ping pong ball)
1. Pound the spice paste with mortar and pestle or grind them in a food processor. Set aside.
2. Soak the tamarind pulp in warm water for 15 minutes. Squeeze the tamarind pulp constantly to extract the flavor into the water. Drain the pulp and save the tamarind juice.
3. Heat oil and fry the spice paste for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
4. Add the tamarind juice, fish curry powder and bring to boil.
5. Add the tomato wedges, okras and daun kesom and bring to boil.
6. Add the fish, salt, and palm sugar/sugar.
7. Simmer on low heat for 5 minutes or until the fish is cooked. Serve hot.
This amazing recipe is adapted fromwww.rasamalaysia.com