Why prepare breakfast every day when you can prepare it for the whole month ahead? This BREAKFAST BURRITO recipe will show you how you will never have to worry about breakfast again.
12 eggs, beaten
1?2 cup chunky salsa (your choice of heat)
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
24 flour tortillas (you can also use whole wheat)
- Scramble eggs in large skillet until done; stir in cooked sausage and salsa.
- Warm tortillas in microwave 20-30 seconds or until warm and flexible.
- Place 1/2 cup egg mixture into tortilla; roll burrito-style.
- Freeze burritos in single layer on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- When fully frozen, wrap burritos individually; place wrapped burritos in large zip-top freezer bags; freeze.
- TO SERVE: Unwrap burritos from foil or plastic wrap that you used for freezing.
- Wrap in a paper towel.
- Cook in microwave until heated through (about 2 minutes).
- Or thaw burritos (remove plastic wrap if used in freezing), wrap burritos in foil, and bake at 350 degrees for ten minutes.
This amazing recipe is adapted from www.geniuskitchen.com