A surprisingly easy to make & super yummy recipe for homemade Satay! Get the ingredients fresh & easy right here at HeroMarket.
4 chicken legs and thighs (preferred) or 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
Bamboo skewers (satay sticks), soaked in cold water for 2 hours
1 cucumber, cut into small pieces
1 small onion, quartered
Oil, for basting
3 tablespoons oil
2 stalks lemongrass, white parts only
2 cloves garlic, peeled
6 shallots, peeled
2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tablespoon salt, or to taste
2 tablespoons sugar
1. Cut the chicken meat into small cubes.
2. Blend the Marinade ingredients in a food processor. Add in a little water if needed.
3. Marinate the chicken pieces for 6 hours or best overnight.
4. Thread a few pieces of the chicken meat onto the bamboo skewers and grill for 2-3 minutes on each side until nicely charred.
5. Baste and brush with some oil while grilling. Serve hot with the fresh cucumber pieces and onions.
This amazing recipe is adapted from www.rasamalaysia.com