SINGAPOREAN-STYLE CHILI CRAB
Discover the delicious taste of Singaporean-style chili crab for yourself, with this tasty recipe.
- 1kg of crab
- 6 chili peppers
- Ginger (1cm length)
- 2 shallots
- 8 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp of oil
- 1 tbsp of taucu (fermented soybean paste)
- 300 g of water
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 4 tbsp of ketchup
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tbsp of corn starch
- 2 tbsp of water
- 2 eggs
- Firstly, clean the crab by scrubbing the shell with a brush to ensure no impurities. Then cut the crab into quarters and crack the shell slightly. Leave aside.
- Next, blend chilies, ginger, garlic, and shallots. Heat oil in a pan over low heat and sauté blended ingredients until fragrant.
- Then, add in the pieces of crab except for the upper section of the shell known as the carapace.
- Add fermented bean paste and continue sautéing for 3 minutes. After, add water to the pan and increase the heat to allow it to boil and add sugar, ketchup and salt. Once it boils, place the carapace on top and cover with the lid. Leave to cook at medium heat for around 10 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch and water. Then, add to pan to thicken the gravy. Once gravy thickens, add beaten eggs to gravy and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Ready to serve!
Recipe inspired by Grace from nyonyacooking.com