STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE ON HOW TO REMOVE OIL STAINS
Oil stains are the hardest stain to remove during laundry! But it is not impossible to do so. If you’re hoping to get an oily stain out of your clothes, here is a step-by-step guide to help.
- Work on the stain while the fabric is dry. Do not put water on the stain!
- Place a piece of cardboard between layers of your clothes to avoid transferring any oil to other parts of the fabric
- Blot the stain with a clean, dry cloth to remove as much excess oil as possible
- Apply liquid dish soap to the stain as pre-treatment
- Rinse with warm water, then wash the garment as usual
Inspired by Ashley Abramson from apartmenttherapy.com