WAYS TO REMOVE ODOUR FROM SHOE CABINET
Did you know that our shoes retain sweat and dead skin cells after each wear? That cause the odour-causing bacteria to flourish! If you want to keep your closet deodorised,it is easy to do so without buying expensive deodorisers. Here is a simple method to deodorise your shoe cabinet.
- Baby Powder/Talc: Baby powder absorbs any sweat from your shoes. Simply sprinkle a light dusting of talcum powder inside the shoe and leave them overnight. Shake out the baby powder the next morning and you’ll have a fresher smelling shoes.
- Dry Tea Bag:Don’t throw away your tea bag once you’ve finished drinking ‘em. Dry tea bags are super effective in removing any smell! Make sure to let the tea bag dry before leaving them in the shoe cabinet or any pair of shoes that you wear frequently.
- Baking Soda:Baking soda is well-known for its cleaning properties, but they are also effective in removing odours too. Get any empty coffee bags and fill them up with baking soda. Leave them inside the shoe rack or shoes and remove them easily when you want to wear your shoes.
- Citrus peels: After making that lemonade or eating those oranges keep those citrus peels in a small bowl and place them in the shoe cabinet. They are amazing at absorbing odours, and you can make your shoe cabinet smell fresh again at the same time. They can also prevent the growth of mildew and bacteria growing in your shoes.
- Vinegar: Vinegar works just as effectively as baking soda in absorbing odours. Place a bowl of vinegar in the shoe cabinet and leave it there with doors closed for at least 30 minutes. Once the odours are eliminated, leave the doors of the shoe cabinet for the scent to dissipate.
Tips inspired by wihardja.com.sg