WONDERS OF BAKING SODA!
Do you know that baking soda has many use outside of cooking? The use varies from cleaning to household uses and even health benefits! Here are 5 uses of baking soda.
- Baking soda paste makes a great kitchen cleaner! Not only can it remove tough stains, it also helps eliminate foul odour. Make a paste by mixing baking soda with a small amount of water and apply on the desired surface with a sponge or cloth and scrub thoroughly.
- Use it as a safe alternative air fresheners! Baking soda interacts with odor particles and neutralizes them. Just mix baking soda and essential oils in a jar and cover it with cloth!
- Wash your fruits and veggies with baking soda to remove pesticides! Recent research has found that soaking fruits and veggies in a baking soda wash is the most effective way to remove pesticides without peeling them.
- Helps eliminate weeds! You can use baking soda as a cheaper and safer alternative to kill weeds. That’s because baking soda is high in sodium, which creates a harsh environment for weeds. Just sprinkle a few handfuls of baking soda over weeds that are growing and that will do the trick.
- Spread baking soda at the bottom of waste bins to eliminate garbage odor. Garbage bags often have an unpleasant odor, and these odors are often acidic. So baking soda can interact with odor molecules and neutralize them.
Inspired by 22 Benefits and Uses for Baking Soda, by Ryan Raman (https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/baking-soda-benefits-uses)