25-MIN ASIAN GINGER FISH SOUP
Looking for a new menu to try? Try this quick and easy Asian Ginger Fish soup recipe! Loaded with delicious flavours, it only takes 25-min to cook.
- 900g Swai fillet/sole fillet cut into large chunks
- 1 tbsp of cooking oil
- 6 cups of chicken stock
- 4 Roma tomatoes (seeded and diced)
- 2 cups of chopped celery (optional)
- 2 tbsp of fish sauce (or more to taste)
- 2 tsp of sugar
- 5 shallots (finely chopped)
- 2-inch piece of ginger (grated)
- 2 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp of cornstarch
- 1 tsp fish sauce (to marinade)
- 1 stalk green onion (finely chopped)
- Cilantro leaves
- 2 fresh limes (optional)
- Firstly, place the fish fillet in a large mixing bowl. Add cornstarch and fish sauce and toss the fish to let the cornstarch and fish sauce coat the fillet pieces then set aside.
- Next, using a large heavy-bottom pot, preheat the pot with some oil. Then, add the chopped ginger, garlic, shallots and saute over medium heat for about 2-3 minutes.
- After add chicken stock and bring to a boil and add celery if using. Then lower the heat and let it simmer for around 15 minutes until the celery are soft.
- Once soft, add the tomatoes and the fish fillet. Taste and add more fish sauce to your taste if needed. Once fish is cooked, remove from the heat and soup is ready to serve.
Recipe inspired by Marvellina from whattocooktoday.com