BAKED FETA PASTA
Baked feta pasta is a TikTok’s viral recipe that is very much worth the hype. An easy recipe pasta dish that’s fuss-free and flavorful!
- 450g of dried penne pasta or pasta of choice
- 8 cups of cherry tomatoes
- 450g of block feta cheese
- 1 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- ½tsp of salt
- ½tsp of black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½cup of chopped fresh basil
- Firstly, preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Place the cherry tomatoes in an oven-safe baking dish. Pour olive oil on top, and season with salt and pepper. Toss together until well combined.
- Next, place the feta block in the middle of the baking dish surrounded by the cherry tomatoes, and flip a couple of times to coat it with the olive oil and seasoning.
- Then, bake them in the preheated oven for 35 minutes, until the cherry tomatoes burst, and the feta cheese melts.
- While the tomatoes and feta are baking, boil the pasta in a pot of salted water until al dente. Then, drain the pasta while reserving ½ cup of the cooking liquid in case you'd like to toss it in.
- Immediately add the garlic and basil leaves to the cooked tomatoes and feta and mix everything to combine.
- Transfer the cooked pasta to the baking dish and again mix to combine. Garnish with more fresh basil and serve warm.
Recipe inspired by Yumna Jawad from feelgoodfoodie.net