- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups hot milk
- 3 eggs
- Cook and stir 3/4 cup of sugar over low heat until sugar is melted and golden. Keep away to cool down.
- Add sugar and vanilla extract to hot milk, stir until sugar has dissolved. Beat eggs in a bowl and whisk the hot liquid in together.
- Gently fill with the caramel in the custard cup first, then continue filling the rest of the cup with the egg mixture. Cover each cup with aluminum foil to prevent the surface from getting dry.
- Heat water in a pan and place cups in it. There should be enough hot water to cover the bottom half of the cups. Keep the water temperature below boiling point and steam pudding for 18 - 20 minutes.
- After, remove from the pan, cool it down, and refrigerate.
- Run the blade of a knife around the cup and place it on a plate to serve