DELICIOUS CHICKEN QUESADILLAS
A quesadilla is a Mexican dish, consisting of a tortilla that is filled primarily with cheese, and filling of choice. Try your hand in this classic dish with this delicious recipe!
- 2 1/2 tbsp of olive oil
- 500g skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1small onion, quartered and sliced
- 1 small red capsicum/bell pepper, diced
- 1 tsp each of onion powder, dried oregano, salt
- 2 tsp each of cumin powder, paprika
- 1/4 tsp of black pepper
- 6 - 8 tortillas
- 200g of mozzarella cheese (or other of choice)
- 3/4 cup of roughly chopped coriander/cilantro
- Drizzle chicken with 1 tbsp of oil, toss to coat. Sprinkle over spice mix and toss well to coat.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large skillet over high heat. Then, add onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Next, add capsicum and cook for another 1 minute and transfer to bowl, cool.
- Return pan to stove, reduce to medium heat. Add remaining 1/2 tbsp oil and chicken to cook for 3 minutes until deep golden. Turn and cook for 3 minutes until cooked through.
- Transfer chicken to cutting board, rest for 2 minutes then dice and cool. Combine with capsicum mixture.
- Place tortilla on work surface. Sprinkle one side with a bit of cheese, top with chicken filling. Sprinkle with coriander and top with cheese. Then fold in half.
- Preheat non-stick skillet over medium-low heat and place quesadilla in skillet. Press down lightly, cover with the lid. Cook for 3 minutes until the underside is super golden brown and crispy.
- Carefully flip over the folded edge and press down lightly. Cook for another 3 minutes until crispy.
- Transfer to a cutting board, cut in half. Serve immediately!
Recipe inspired by recipetineats.com