EASY JAPANESE DORAYAKI RECIPE
We might know it from the anime Doremon but dorayaki is actually one of the well-known and popular traditional Japanese sweets. It’s surprisingly easy to make them at home with this recipe.
- 1 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 3/4 cup of milk
- Sweet red bean paste
- Firstly, mix flour and baking soda in a bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, and honey together. Add milk and mix well.
- Then, stir dry ingredients into egg mixture, and whisk until batter becomes smooth.
- Next, heat a non-stick frying pan with a small amount of oil and wipe excess oil well. At medium-low heat, drop 1/8 of a cup of batter onto the pan, like a pancake. Cook for around 2 minutes until the surface of the pancake bubbles and the edges become dry.
- Once dry flip over and cook for 1 more minute. Then transfer to a plate and cover with a wet paper towel.
- To stuff take one cake and place a heaping tablespoon of red bean paste and cover with another cake. Wrap it with plastic and press with hands. Pinch to seal the edges of the pancakes together.
Recipe inspired by japanesecooking101.com