FRESH VIETNAMESE SPRING ROLL WITH PEANUT SAUCE
Homemade Vietnamese spring rolls with delicious peanut dipping sauce are easy, and healthy food. Perfect for a light dinner, lunch, or even appetiser. Here is the step-by-step recipe on how to make them.
- ? cup of creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoons of toasted sesame oil
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 - 3 tablespoons of water, as needed
- Rice paper wrappers
- 1 large carrot, peeled and julienned
- 1 large cucumber, julienned
- 1/2 of red pepper, julienned
- 1/3 cup chopped cabbage
- 30g of cooked rice vermicelli (optional)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- A handful of fresh cilantro
- 5 large green lettuce leaves
- 20 medium cooked shrimp, peeled and sliced
- optional garnish: sesame seeds
- Whisk together the peanut butter, rice vinegar, soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, and garlic in a small bowl.
- Add in 2 to 3 tablespoons water, as needed to make a super creamy but dip-able sauce.
- Pour warm water into a large bowl and dip the rice paper wrapper for 15-20 seconds. Then place flat onto a plate and pat the wrapper slightly dry.
- Fill the rolls by placing a few sticks of carrot, cucumber, red pepper, and a sprinkle of cabbage at the bottom 1/3 of the rice paper. Then, add a small amount of noodles, a slice of avocado and a bit of cilantro.
- Next, lay 1/2 of a lettuce leaf on top and add 4 slices of shrimp on top. Do not overstuff the roll. Start small then add more, as needed, as you roll each one.
- After placing everything, roll it up tightly. To do so, gently pull up the bottom of the roll and roll over the filling. Then, roll and use your hands to tuck the filling in as you go. Once done, fold in the sides of the rice paper roll.
- After rolling each, serve on a plate, sprinkle with sesame seeds, and serve with peanut sauce. And it’s ready to eat.
Inspired by Sally's Baking Addiction (https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/homemade-fresh-summer-rolls-with-easy-peanut-dipping-sauce/)