GAMBAS AL AJILLO
Gambas al Ajillo or "garlic shrimp" is a classic Spanish Tapa cooked with shrimp together with loads of garlic and olive oil. Serve it with a crusty loaf of bread to sop up all those juices, it is not only delicious but also satisfying!
- 4 clovesof garlic
- 450g of peeledshrimp (21-25 count)
- 1 pinch of salt to taste
- 1 teaspoonof hot paprika
- ¼ cupof extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley
- Slice garlic thinly. Season shrimp with salt and paprika. Mix to coat.
- Heat garlic and oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook until garlic starts to turn golden, about 2 minutes.
- Once garlic turn golden, add shrimp and increase heat to high. Toss and turn shrimp with tongs until starting to curl but still under-cooked, about 2 minutes.
- Stir continuously, until sauce comes up to a boil and shrimp is cooked through, about 1 minute more.
- Remove from heat. Stir in parsley and ready to eat.