GOOEY BUTTER COOKIES
Sweet and light gooey butter cookies recipe! These soft, melt-in-your-mouth cookies is surely a crowd favourite.
- 1/2 cup of salted butter (softened)
- 1 package of cream cheese (softened)
- 1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar
- 1 large egg (room temperature)
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of confectioners sugar
- 3 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 cup of confectioners sugar (for rolling cookie dough)
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- Beat butter, cream cheese and granulated sugar in a large bowl using a hand-held mixer until all ingredients blended.
- Then, add in egg and vanilla.
- After, slowly add in flour, baking powder, and 1/2 cup confectioners sugar. Gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Scoop dough, round it up and then roll it in confectioners’ sugar. Place approximately 6 dough balls on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake until they no longer appear wet on top for around 8-11 minutes. After about 5 minutes, place on wire racks to cool.
Recipe inspired by Amanda Rettke from iambaker.net