HOMEMADE ALMOND MILK
Looking for a healthier choice of milk? Why not try this easy homemade almond milk recipe to try at home
- 1 cup of raw almonds (soaked overnight in cool water // or 1-2 hours in very hot water)
- 5 cups of filtered water (less to thicken, more to thin)
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract or honey (optional)
- Add your soaked almonds, water, salt, and any additional add-ins (optional) to a high-speed blender and blend until creamy and smooth. Keep it running for at least 1-2 minutes.
- Next, strain the mixture by laying a clean dish towel over a mixing bowl and pour over the almond milk. Carefully gather the corners, and lift up. Then squeeze until all of the liquid is extracted.
- Transfer milk to a jar or covered bottle and refrigerate. Will keep for up to 4-5 days, though best when fresh. Shake well before drinking, as it tends to separate.
Recipe inspired by minimalistbaker.com