KAM HEONG CHICKEN
Delicious Kam Heong chicken recipe that’s perfect to be eaten with a hot plate of white rice. It's a very easy dish to cook, yet so tasty!
- Kam Heong sauce:
- 100g of dried prawns, soaked in water for 10 minutes
- 2 tbsp of chopped garlic
- 8 pcs of shallots, chopped
- 1/2 bowl of curry leaves
- 6 pcs of cili padi, chopped
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 tbsp of curry powder
- 3 tbsp of oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp of light soy sauce
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 1/2 tsp of dark soy sauce
- Kam Heong Chicken
- 2 chicken thighs, cut into pieces
- 5 tablespoons of 'kam heong' sauce
- 100ml of water
- 1 tsp of light soy sauce
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp corn flour
- 1 tsp sesame seed oil
Kam Heong sauce:
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil and saute the dried prawns, chopped garlic and shallots till very fragrant
- Next, add in curry leaves and chopped chillies, all the seasoning and stir fry until aromatic. Remove from heat.
Kam Heong Chicken:
- Mix chicken with marinade and leave for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Deep fry in hot oil till golden brown.
- Heat up 1 tablespoon oil and saute 'kam heong' sauce till fragran
- Add in fried chicken pieces, water and stir well.
- Cook until the gravy is thick. Dish up and serve hot.
Recipe inspired by Petite Nyonya from petitchef.com