Kimchi jeon or kimchi pancake is a type of Korean savory pancake that’s made with kimchi. These delicious crispy kimchi pancakes can be eaten as a snack, appetizer, or a light meal! Try this crispy flavor-packed and super easy recipe with just a few basic ingredients as long as you have some kimchi.
- 500g of well-fermented napa cabbage kimchi, chopped into small pieces
- 3 pcs of scallions, chopped
- ½ tsp of sugar
- ½ cup of all-purpose flour
- ½ cup of water
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- Combine the kimch, scallions, sugar, flour, and water in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Heat a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Then, add 2 tablespoons of the vegetable oil and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Next, pour the batter into the pan and spread it with the back of a spoon or a spatula to make a large circle.
- Cook until the bottom is golden brown and crisp for around 3 to 5 minutes.
- Carefully turn the pancake over and drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoons oil around the edges of the skillet, then lift the pancake with a thin spatula to allow the oil to run underneath and tilt the pan to spread it evenly.l
- Cook until the bottom of the pancake is light golden brown and crisp for around 3 to 5 minutes.
- Flip it one more time and cook for another minute.
- Slide onto a large serving platter and serve immediately.
Recipe inspired by maangchi.com