NO-SUGAR HOMEMADE JAM RECIPE
Looking for a healthy alternative to conventional jam? Why not try making it yourself with 3 healthy, natural, whole-food ingredients. A quick and easy recipe to make!
- 500g of fresh strawberries, washed, hulled, and sliced
- 3 tbsp of honey
- 2 tbsp of chia seeds
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat and add the strawberries. Then, add honey and place on the stove over medium heat. As the strawberries begin to soften, stir them around in their juices and the honey.
- Once the berries have softened to the point that they're starting to fall apart, use a potato masher or fork to break them up even more. Let the mixture come to a slow boil, stirring almost continually. Once you see some big bubbles break the surface, add the chia seeds.
- Continue stirring the mixture over low heat for about 15 minutes, and then remove the pan from the stove.
- The chia seeds need a bit of time to do their work, so let the jam cool to room temperature in the jar and then put your jar of jam in the fridge for a few hours and it will achieve the perfect texture.
Recipe inspired by thebusybaker.com