A classic Malaysian favourite – onde-onde! Make your own (it’s so easy!), get the ingredients fresh & easy at HeroMarket!
60g glutinous rice flour
30g tapioca flour
60ml pandan leaf juice
50g coconut (desiccated or grated)
1/2 teaspoons salt
1 tablespoons water
1. Pour water and salt on the desiccated coconut. Mix well and steam the mixture for 15 to 20 minutes.
2. Mix glutinous rice flour, tapioca flour and sugar evenly before adding pandan leaf juice to create a dough. If the dough is too soft, add more glutinous rice flour.
3. Divide the dough into 14 little balls.
4. Flatten dough and wrap chunks of palm sugar with it. Be careful that the layer of dough is not too thin as it will expand during the cooking process. This will result in the dough cracking and the palm sugar flowing out.
5. Put the little balls of filled dough into a pot of boiling water. Dish it out once they float or leave to boil for a further 5 to 10 minutes to allow the palm sugar to melt thoroughly.
6. Coat the onde-onde with the steamed desiccated coconut.
7. Leave to cool and enjoy!
This amazing recipe is adapted fromwww.nyonyacooking.com