Ready for seafood galore? This seafood paella recipe is just that! Colorful rice dish bursting with delicious seafood along with saffron for tons of flavor. Delicious!
- 450g of prawns (peeled and deveined)
- 3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cups of medium-grain rice(soaked in water for 20 minutes and then drained)
- 4 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 2 large pinches of saffron threads (soaked in ½ cup water)
- 1 tsp of sweet paprika
- 1 tsp of cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp pf chili pepper flakes
- Salt(to taste)
- 2 large tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 170g of green beans (trimmed)
- ¼ cup of chopped fresh parsley
- Firstly, heat 3 tbsp olive oil in a large deep pan or cast-iron skillet. Turn the heat to medium-high and add the chopped onions. Saute the onions for 2 minutes then add the rice, and cook for 3 more minutes while stirring regularly.
- Then, add the chopped garlic and the lobster cooking water. Stir in the saffron and its soaking liquid, paprika, cayenne pepper, chilli pepper, and salt. Stir in the chopped tomatoes and green beans. Bring to a boil and let the liquid slightly reduce, then cover the pan and cook on low heat for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, uncover the pan and spread the shrimp over the rice, pushing it into the rice slightly. Add a little water if needed. Cover and cook for another 10 minutes or until the shrimp turns pink. Garnish with parsley.
Recipe inspired by Suzy from themediterraneandish.com