SPICY KOREAN FRIED CHICKEN
Yangneyom chicken is a crispy and tender Korean fried chicken smothered in a sticky, spicy red sauce. This Korean fried chicken is the only Korean Fried Chicken recipe you’ll ever need!
- 10 chicken wings, or drumettes
- 1 cup of cornstarch
- oil, for frying
- sesame seed, to serve
- ½ cupof cornstarch
- ½ cup of flour
- 2 tsp ofsalt
- 1 cup water of 240 mL
- 2 tbsp ofsoy sauce
- ¼ cupof honey
- 2 tbsp ofrice vinegar
- 2 tbsp ofgochujang, (Korean chili paste)
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tbsp of gratedginger
- Mix the ingredients for the batter in a bowl until smooth with no lumps. While heating oil in a pan to 170°C.
- Dip chicken wings into the cornstarch, shaking off excess, then dredge the wing into the batter, dripping off excess.
- Fry half of the wings at a time for about 5-7 minutes, until turn light golden. The oil will drop to about 160°C.
- Next, drain the wings and increase the heat of the pan and heat oil to about 190°C.
- Fry the wings a second time until golden brown and crispy. Drain and set aside.
- Prepare the sauce by combining all the ingredients for the sauce and stir until bubbling.
- Once bubbled, toss in the wings and mix well.
- Ready to serve!
Inspired by Alvin Zhou from tasty.co