Rich and creamy tomato soup recipe!
- 4 cups of chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 slice of onion
- 4 whole cloves
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp of salt
- 2 tsp of white sugar, or to taste
- In a stockpot, combine the tomatoes, onion, cloves and chicken broth over medium heat. Bring to a boil, and gently boil for about 20 minutes to blend all of the flavors.
- Remove from heat and run the mixture through a strainer into a large bowl, or pan. Discard any stuff leftover in the strainer.
- In the now-empty stockpot, melt the butter over medium heat and stir in flour to make a roux. Cook until the roux is medium brown.
- Gradually whisk in a bit of the tomato mixture, so that no lumps form, then stir in the rest. Season with sugar and salt, and adjust to taste.